The Annapolitan is now a dual-author blog! In order to broaden readership, I thought it would be beneficial to get a guy's perspective.
I am super excited to welcome Naptown Gent as a co-author! His first blog post detailing the ideal gifts for your favorite Annapolitan guy is as follows.
Holiday Gift Guide: Annapolitan Guy
1. I really like the style of bomber hats, and they keep my ears really warm.
2. The always-classic Natty Boh shirt, a great way to represent your favorite beer while eating crabs in the summertime. Find them at NattyBohGear.com
3. It’s essential to own a good suit, even though you may only wear it a few times a year. J. Crew has some great styles in the Ludlow line.
4. A great tie for those office or family Christmas parties to show your Christmas spirit with a little bit style and class. This is just one of many that Vineyard Vines has on their website.
5. Over the past few years, we have had some intense snowstorms (who knows what this year will bring), it would be great to have one of these Helly Hansen snow jackets to dig your car out or hit the slopes.
6. Maker's Mark—enough said. On the rocks, please…
7. A great casual wind-proof fleece by Mountain Hardware. I own one of these and never leave the house without it.
8. The traditional oxford plaid shirt, great to wear out by itself or with a solid color sweater.
9. Another item I personally own. Sperry Topsider has made one heck of a boot that will compete with any brand out there. They’re fleece-lined and waterproof—pair them with wool socks you will never be cold or wet.
10. Of course when wearing a suit, it is a must to complete it with a pocket square. Not wearing a pocket square with your suit would be like not putting Old Bay on your crabs. Check out Brooks Brothers, J. Crew, and High Cotton.
11/16. I mean if you don’t own one of these items you should probably just move to New Jersey. Find the belt at MarylandFlagBelts.com and the sunglasses at RouteOneApparel.com.
12. A good way to stay warm and look good is a quarter-zip sweater. If you’re hanging out DTA at McGarvey’s on a Saturday night with your buds or at Charlie Brown’s with your favorite Annapolitian Girl…cant go wrong. Check out Vineyard Vines and Patagonia.
13. THE BEST SHAVE EVER. The Art of Shaving. Go to the store in the Annapolis Mall and get a sample kit; you will not be disappointed.
14. I should not have to explain the importance of having the classic Sperrys in your wardrobe. They go with everything.
15. If you own a pea coat, you should have a scarf. The ladies will appreciate a guy that has good style and taste.
17. Fordham is GREAT BEER. I will see you at Rams Head on West Street. Cheers, and happy holidays!