I like sailing, beaching, sun-kissed skin, and shorts. For me, this time of year--after the holiday season, after Valentine's Day, but still wintertime--can be slightly depressing. At times, I feel like I've forgotten what it feels like to be able to wear shorts and a t-shirt.
How can we get ourselves through this "winter slump?"
2. (Ladies), invest in a good bronzer. Perhaps one of the most frustrating things about winter is having to deal with pale skin. My favorite bronzer is Nars Bronzing Powder in Casino. It works like a charm and leaves no streaks.
3. Buy flowers for your home. Bright colors = happiness.
4. Get out and do something! Walk your dog, go to a lacrosse game, take a trip to the aquarium. Keeping yourself busy is key.
5. Make a summer inspiration board. Mine is above.
6. Hit the gym. Swimming is probably the best possible cure for the winter blues, but any workout will leave you feeling more energized and better all-around. Plus, when it finally does get warm, you'll have a hot body to show off.
7. Make yourself wake up early. Sleeping in can make your more depressed. Plus, waking up with the sun means you'll have more exposure to sunlight throughout the day.
8. Spend some time outside, even though it is cold. Your body cannot properly absorb Vitamin D if you do not expose yourself to sunlight.
9. Become a germ freak. There's nothing more depressing than being sick and cold. You can also avoid getting sick by increasing your vitamin C intake and drinking Emergen-C.
Hang in there! Spring is so close!