So it's up to you to decide whether or not the Free State is part of the South. But whether it is or not, we can all learn something from those deep southern states: a little hospitality and proper etiquette goes a long way. Here's how to incorporate traditional Southern etiquette into the post-holiday season...
1. Send thank-you notes in a timely manner to those who you received gifts from.
2. Be a gracious guest at New Year's Eve parties...
- If the party you're going to is a small get-together, bring a hostess gift. A bottle of wine will do.
- Know your limits. Don't be that obnoxious drunk.
- Do not overstay your welcome. Figure out sleeping arrangements before the party, and designate a sober driver if needed.
- If there is a dress code, make sure you abide by it!
3. Reciprocate kind gestures. This is a general rule that should be applied to every situation, especially during the holidays.
4. Tip service workers during the holiday season.
Stay classy, Annapolitans! Have a great New Year's Eve, and best wishes to all of you for 2013.