10 April 2012

The Annapolitan's Campus Essentials

There are certain things every college girl needs.

After attending a very big university, I can tell you what they are. Campus Essentials

1. A versatile bag. Sometimes a backpack is too much, but you're not dressed up enough to carry a fancy purse. These are the times when a big nylon bag is great to have. You'll want to choose a neutral color that will go with almost anything, and it's best if it is big enough to carry your laptop in. And a bonus: they're waterproof!

2. A raincoat. You never know when you'll need it.

3. Yoga pants and leggings. For those days when you just don't feel like dressing up for class (which will most likely be every day).

4. A good backpack. Choose something you LOVE because you'll be using it all the time. I bought a North Face backpack before I left for school, and it's the best investment I've ever made. It comes complete with a laptop sleeve and a rain cover. See the one I have here.

5. Comfortable shoes. You'll be trekking all around campus, so make sure you have good, supportive shoes that won't leave you with blisters. My Sperrys were pretty comfortable once they were broken in, but I endured a few weeks of painful blisters as a sacrifice.

6. Tumblers and refillable water bottles. To keep you hydrated, healthy, and eco-friendly. Just don't forget to wash them out periodically!